Xiaomi corporation is a privately owned Chinese electronics company having its headquarters in Beijing. It is the world’s 4th largest smart phone manufacturer who makes, designs, develops and sells smartphones, mobile apps, laptops and other consumer related electronic products and computer hardware. Xiaomi isn’t almost as influential in the tablet market as it is with its cell phones. However, it couldn’t be able to resist the fierce competition brought by the tablet market.
In the last few years Xiaomi brand smartphones were only available in few areas of Asian countries, but currently Xiaomi smartphones have become 4th largest and commonly used brand leading in the smartphone industry.
In 2016, Xiaomi revealed its MI series and MI5c is the newly launched gadget of Xiaomi. Finally the long awaited Xiaomi MI5c smartphone has been released, which is the successor of Xiaomi MI5s. The phone’s specifications, images and details have been leaked on the internet which inevitably goes viral.
The biggest surprise of the inauguration of Xiaomi MI5c was its own processor, Surge 1 the first Xiaomi chipset. The new processor’s arrival makes Xiaomi the 4th phone manufacturer in the world to make its own chips, after Apple, Samsung, and Huawei. The ultra slim and light weight of Xiaomi MI5c has attracted too many customers across the world. This space-saving design also means that the Xiaomi MI5c won’t feature an earpiece for phone calls. Instead, there is a novel cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology, which transmits sound without the need for a receiver.
Some of the numerous features of Xiaomi MI5c are claimed by various websites, such as:
- Design: Xiaomi MI5c is a classy metal-clad smartphone with a sleek metal finish and round 2.5 D edges. The fingerprint scanner is embedded on the home button front side at. The device is available in 3 different color variants Gold, Black and the beautiful Rose Gold.
- Display: Xiaomi MI5c will come with a high quality display of 5.15’’ inch screen with full HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution. The phone having 1.6 mm thin bazel, which really give a feel of bezel less phone. This phone has 2048 brightness levels with ultra-precise backlight controls.
- Processor: The Mi5c’s hardware is powered by Surge S1 chipset with octa-core 64-bit processor. This premium device is struck with 3GB of RAM and 64GB ROM. This device also supports an expandable micro SD card slot which can be expanded up to 128GB. That is one of the much-needed requirements for every mobile phone lover.
- Camera: The camera section is also full of high-end specs with a 12 mega pixel rear facing camera. It is packed with features like Sony IMX 378 sensor and af/2.0 aperture, auto-focus featured with Geo-tagging, face detection, HDR & also a noise management algorithm. The front-facing shooter is a 5-megapixel offering, so the selfie fans should be able to take a few decent snaps, too.
- Battery life: Xiaomi MI5c has 2860 mah battery. It can provide a full day battery life. Besides this Mi5C uses quick charge technology (9V/2A) with safe and fast charging.
- Price: The Mi5C will also be priced in the range of $200-$220 or RMB 1499.
Not only this, the Xiaomi MI5c will be introducing the latest version of Google’s mobile OS i.e. Android Nougat. It's an unlimited update to the software, introducing new features, such as support for multi-window, multi-tasking, a new snooze feature, and revised notifications. Nougat manages to keep the best parts of Android while adding useful new tools, and is certainly a welcome addition to the MI 5c.
It won’t be officially available in the USA or Europe, but as always people will be able to get hold of it through importers such as Geekbuying or Gearbest (read about our experience of importing a Xiaomi phone here). Both importers offer reliable shipping to every country in the world.